Friday, September 2, 2016

ANNE TRUITT


I begin with a close-up of my warrior cat Artemis because she and her sister kitty Scarlet are the reasons why I don't have the Anne Truitt sculpture I would have liked to have in my home; I'm talking about the elegant columns or pillars for which she's known. Had such a sculpture entered our home, our cats would have used them as, yep, scratching posts. But I do have a horizontal sculpture that can be placed on a high shelf far away from cat claws (though you can see how the cat eyes it). The sculpture lies on the bookshelf like both an odalisque and a rectangular slice of the ocean. I love living with an Anne Truitt sculpture because her three journals are arguably my favorite artist diaries, and have inspired several poems.









No comments:

Post a Comment